Bladder Cancer and Symptoms-
Bladder cancer is a common type of cancer that begins in bladder cells. The bladder is a hollow muscular organ that stores urine in the lower abdomen.
Bladder cancer usually begins with the cells that line the bladder (urothelial cells). Urothelial cells are also found in the kidneys and the tubes that connect the kidneys to the bladder (ureters). Urothelial cancer can also occur in the kidneys and ureters but is much more common in the bladder.
Many people with bladder cancer may have blood in their urine but not have pain when urinating. Several symptoms may indicate bladder cancer and may show advanced diseases such as fatigue, weight loss, and tenderness in the bones. Particular attention should be paid to the following symptoms:
- blood in the urine
- painful urination
- frequent urination
- Urgent urination
- Not being able to hold your urine.
- Stomach ache
Treatment options for bladder cancer depend on many factors, including the type of cancer, the extent of the tumor, the stage of cancer, and overall health and treatment choices.
Treatment of bladder cancer includes:
- Surgery to remove cancer cells
- Intravesical chemotherapy (intravesical chemotherapy) to treat cancer that is localized to the endometrium but is at high risk of recurrence or progression to higher stages
- Systemic chemotherapy (systemic chemotherapy) to increase the chances of recovery for people who have had surgery to remove the bladder or as a first-line treatment when surgery is not an option
- Radiation therapy to destroy cancer cells. It is often given as first-line treatment when surgery is not an option or is not desirable.
- Immunotherapy induces the body’s immune system to fight cancer cells in the bladder or body
- Targeted therapy to treat advanced cancer when other treatments do not help.
A combination of treatment approaches may be recommended by the doctor and members of the care team.
If you’re diagnosed with early-stage bladder cancer, your doctor might recommend an unusual treatment called Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) therapy. Read about it more on Verywellhealth.com
Download Haspatal online consultation app and get the best treatment online via video consultation with online doctors and get other services too.