Does cell phones cause brain cancer?
There are no clear evidences that proves cell phones cause brain cancer.It has been one of the controversial topics due to their conflicting results.Beforethat,do cell phones cause cancer or not,we should know how actually cell phone works.
RF waves are used by cell phones to deliver signals to (and receive signals from) neighbouring cell towers (base stations). This is a type of energy that exists in the electromagnetic spectrum between FM radio waves and microwaves. RF waves, like FM radio waves, microwaves, visible light, and heat, are forms of non-ionizing radiation. They lack the energy to induce cancer by directly destroying the DNA (genes) within cells. Stronger (ionising) kinds of radiation, such as x-rays, gamma rays, and ultraviolet (UV) rays, differ from RF waves. Ionizing radiation has the potential to disrupt the chemical links in DNA, potentially leading to cancer.
In this technology era,where everyone is having phones in their hands,due to which their life have become easier but people are concerned about cell (or mobile) phones’ ability to induce certain types of cancer or other health concerns for two reasons: Cell phones emit radiation (in the form of radiofrequency radiation, or radio waves) and are widely used by the people.
Many different types of studies have been conducted to determine whether cell phone use is harmful to human health.
The Effects of Cell Phone Radiation:
Cell phones emit traces of radio frequency radiation, often referred to as radio waves. Non-ionizing radiation is the same type found in FM radio waves and microwaves. It is different from ionizing radiation, which is emitted by X-rays and ultraviolet light.
Radiation can chemically damage your DNA and increase your risk of cancer. The non-ionizing strain in phones lacks the energy to directly damage the DNA in your cells. However, the areas of the body near the antenna of your phone can absorb the radiation.
Scientists have speculated that since cell phones are typically held near the head when a person is on a call, the main issue has been whether the phones could cause or contribute to tumours in this area, such as:
- Gliomas are malignant (cancerous) brain tumours.
- Brain tumours that are not malignant, such as meningiomas
- Tumors of the nerve that connects the brain to the ear that are not malignant (vestibular schwannomas, also known as acoustic neuromas)
- Salivary gland tumours are a type of cancer that affects the salivary glands.
How you can limit your exposure to cell phones radiation?
- Choose a telecellsmartphone with a low SAR (unique absorption rate).
- Limit the quantity of time you (and your children) spend at the telecellsmartphone.
- Another choice to lower your publicity is to textual content instead of communicate at the telecellsmartphone.
- Use your telecellsmartphone’s speaker mode or video chat feature, or a hands-unfastened tool like a corded or cordless earpiece.
As we know ,prevention is always better than cure,we need to follow some preventive measures as mention above to stay away from phone raditions. We cant completely stop using our cell phones but we canatleast limit the use of it.
Download Haspatal online doctor consultation app and get the best treatment online via video consultation with online doctors.