Dr. Anitha S is now available at Haspatal App.
Dr. Anitha S is a Gynecologist (the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology) with 6 years of experience.
What is Obstetrics and Gynecology?
An obstetrician is a doctor who deals with pregnancies, births, and postpartum events. Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) is a surgical area in which obstetrics and gynecology are merged as a medical specialty. A Gynecologist does not deliver babies. Obstetrics is the branch of science that deals with all aspects of pregnancy, from prenatal through postnatal care.
What does an Obstetrics and Gynecologist do and when should you visit one?
An Obstetrician is that kind of a gynecologist who specializes in pregnancy and childbirth.
A Gynecologist appointment is advised for yearly screening and any time a woman has concerns about symptoms like pelvic, vulvar, or vaginal discomfort or irregular uterine bleeding.
Conditions commonly treated by gynecologists include:
- Pregnancy, fertility, menstruation, and menopause related questions
- Family planning, contraceptive measures, sterilization, or pregnancy termination
- Complications concerning pelvic organs supporting tissues, including ligaments and muscles
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Benign conditions of the reproductive tract
- Emergency care relating to gynecology
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases, including abscesses
- Health concerns connected to same-sex and bisexual partnerships, as well as sexuality
- Sexual dysfunction
What can you expect from a visit to the Obstetrics and Gynecologists?
Your ob-gyn will most likely begin by asking you some general health-related questions about yourself and your family. For the pelvic exam, a nurse or other health professional may stay in the room with you and the ob-gyn. In addition, your ob-gyn should ask you a lot of questions. These inquiries might get rather personal, but your doctor needs to know the answers in order to more accurately take care of you. The following are some areas of questions that could be expected:
- Your period, as well as any concerns you’re having with it, such as missing or heavy periods
- Vaginal discharge
- Whether you’re sexually active and how active you are
- Sexual issues or problems
- Any sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) you’ve had or suspect you may have
- Birth control methods
- Vaccine history
How to consult Dr. Anitha S?
Dr. Anitha S is a qualified Obstetrics and now she is available for video consultation through the Haspatal App. Patients can now consult him from the comfort of their homes using Haspatal App for a video consultation appointment through quick access code 91-D-000 000 64 or to book an in-clinic appointment