Dr. Daisy Thomas is now available at Haspatal App.
Dr. Daisy Thomas is a Dermatologist (the department of Dermatology) with over 30 years of experience and is also associated with the Kerala Govt. Health Services.
What is a Dermatologist?
If you have a serious problem with your skin, you should consult a dermatologist. Dermatology is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair, and nail conditions. Over 3,000 diseases can be diagnosed and treated by a dermatologist. Regular visits to the dermatologist may also help you avoid more serious issues like skin cancer.
What is the role of a Dermatologist, and when should you seek one out?
The work of a dermatologist is categorized as follows. These include:
- Medical. A dermatologist can help recognize and treat skin conditions. Psoriasis, rosacea, and acne are some of the symptoms. A dermatologist can also discover signs on your skin that could point to the presence of other health issues. Itchy, dry skin, for example, might sometimes indicate renal problems.
- Cosmetic. Skin disorders that are impacting your appearance can be treated by a dermatologist. This can result in formation of hair loss, dark spots, and wrinkles. A lot of dermatologists can also do cosmetic operations, laser hair removal is one of them.
- Surgery. Many dermatologists do minor surgery, such as the excision of moles or warts or the collection of skin samples. Other dermatologists will concentrate on operations that are more difficult. One of these procedures is the excision of benign cysts or skin cancer.
You should consult a dermatologist at least once a year if you have skin that is prone to skin cancer. The dermatologist will examine your skin for any symptoms of skin cancer during this consultation. This can include problems like:
- skin rashes or skin irritation
- itchy, flaky, or scaly skin
- skin blemishes or discoloration
- moles, warts, or other skin growths
- varicose veins
- hair loss or hair damage
- fingernail issues
What can you expect from a dermatologist’s visit?
Your dermatologist visit should be pleasant, and it will begin similarly to a visit to your primary care provider. You’ll be quizzed about your medical and surgical history, drugs, and health issues, among other things. Your dermatologist is concerned in all of your remarks, even if they aren’t immediately linked to your skin. Your dermatologist will most likely perform a thorough body exam if it’s your first appointment. Because the skin is the biggest organ in the body and is continually changing, it’s crucial to have a baseline examination. A good dermatologist will carefully listen to you. They will go over the numerous treatment choices with you. They will provide you with detailed instructions on how to take prescription medications. They’ll inquire about any other items you’re using and give product recommendations that are appropriate for your skin type. They’ll also show you how to self-evaluate and identify danger flags.
How to consult a Daisy Thomas?
Dr. Daisy Thomas is a qualified Dermatologist and now she is available for video consultation through the Haspatal App. Patients can now consult him from the comfort of their homes using Haspatal App for a video consultation appointment through quick access code 91-D-000 000 102 or to book an in-clinic appointment.