Dr. Goma Bali Bajaj is now available at Haspatal App.
Dr. Goma Bali Bajaj is a senior doctor in the department of Geriatric Medicine with over 28 years of experience and is also a mental health consultant.
What is Geriatric Medicine?
Geriatrics, often known as geriatric medicine, is a medical speciality that focuses on the care of the aged. Its goal is to improve older folks’ health by preventing and treating illnesses and impairments. Physicians who specialize in the care of the elderly, or geriatricians, are known as geriatric physicians. There is no specific age at which patients can be seen by a geriatrician, or geriatric physician.
What does a Geriatrician do and when should you visit one?
The goal of the Geriatric Department is to keep the senior population’s physical and mental health in good shape. This section offers the competence to do all types of complete geriatric exams for elderly patients, allowing caregivers and family members to feel at ease. The Department’s mission is to promote excellent health among the elderly by treating and preventing impairments and illnesses. Geriatricians are experts in assessing and managing the specialised healthcare needs of the aged, and they collaborate closely with other specialists such as nutritionists, occupational therapists, speech and hearing specialists, physiotherapists, and psychiatric counsellors or psychiatrists. Geriatricians are competent in treating many chronic conditions as well as managing other old age difficulties such as falls, incontinence, and memory problems.
While there is no defined age for visiting a geriatric doctor, the majority of them see patients aged 65 and over. If any of the following apply to you, you should consider attending one:
- Develop frailty or impairment
- Have a number of diseases that necessitate a variety of treatments and prescription regimens
- Can’t seem to receive enough help from your caregivers
What can you expect from a visit to the Geriatrician?
As we have mentioned that a Geriatrician is a doctor that focuses on the care and well-being of the elderly population, there are certain key points that one can expect from their Geriatrician which justifies their presence and value for those in need. Some of the key points should be:
- Expect to be heard. Be prepared to be heard. When you or a loved one visits a geriatric physician, you can expect the doctor to reserve time to listen to you. This is a positive thing, since the patient should be a part of any discussion about his or her treatment. In every relationship, communication is fundamental, and the patient-doctor interaction is no exception.
- You can expect someone who is well-versed in the needs and conditions of the elderly. Expect someone who is aware of the demands and problems that impact the elderly. Because of the population he or she sees, a geriatric doctor has a far better awareness of the problems that affect this age group. Seniors should move from general care physicians to geriatric doctors, much as a youngster graduates from working with a paediatrician. Then you’ll know you’re dealing with someone who is currently on the problems that are most likely to affect you.
- Expect compassion and respect. These two things should be expected by anybody who visits a doctor, but they should be expected much more so after you enter your sixties, seventies, eighties, and nineties. You’ve seen a lot in your life, both good and bad, and you’ve also gone through a lot. You deserve a lot of credit and admiration.
How to consult a Goma Bali Bajaj?
Dr. Goma Bali Bajaj is a qualified Geriatrician and now she is available for video consultation through the Haspatal App. Patients can now consult him from the comfort of their homes using Haspatal App for a video consultation appointment through quick access code 91-D-000 000 62 or to book an in-clinic appointment.