ACL injuries are ruptures or sprains of the anterior cruciate ligament. It is one of the strong tissue bands that helps to connect the femur (femur) to the tibia (shin). ACL damage most commonly occurs during sports that include sudden stops, turns, jumps, and landings such as soccer, basketball, soccer, and downhill skiing.
Symptoms of ACL injury
Signs and symptoms of ACL damage typically include:
- Big pop or knee “pop-up” feeling
- Severe pain and inability to continue the activity
- Rapid swelling
- Loss of traffic
- Instability or “concessions” when lifting weights
ACL Injury Treatment
There are 2 types of treatment for ACL injury
- Surgical treatment
- Nonsurgical treatment
ACL crevices are usually not repaired using sutures. This is because the restored ACL usually fails over time. Therefore, a ruptured ACL is usually replaced with a replacement graft from the tendon.
- Patellar tendon (autologous transplant comes from the patient)
- Autologous patellar tendon
- Quadriceps tendon autotransplantation
- Allogeneic grafts of the patellar tendon, Achilles tendon, semitendinosus, gracilis, or posterior tibia (taken from a corpse)
In non-surgical treatment, progressive physiotherapy and rehabilitation can teach the patient how to bring the knee closer to its pre-injury condition and prevent instability. This can be compensated for by using hinged knee braces. However, many who choose not to undergo surgery may experience secondary knee injury due to a recurrent episode of instability.
Surgical treatment is usually recommended for complex injuries (ACL rupture in combination with other knee injuries). However, the decision to discontinue surgery is reasonable for individual patients. Non-surgical treatment of isolated ACL ruptures is likely to be successful or may be indicated for the patient.
- There are partial tears and no signs of instability
- Willing to give up demanding sports During low demand sports, there are no symptoms of complete tears and knee instability
- Those who are engaged in light physical labor or who live a sedentary life
- People (children) whose growth plates are still open.
See how ACL injury are a growing problem . Read more about on The Economist.
If you are facing these symptoms, get treatment from the best doctors through India’s leading video consultation app.
Download Haspatal online consultation app. from play store and doctors online. You can use other features of the app which includes getting home delivery medicines, book diagnostic test, therapy. Get all the medical services in one app.