How anal itching can affect your health?
Itching in the anal area, or itching, is a common symptom of various illnesses. Most cases of pruritus ani can be treated at home without consulting a doctor. Consider possible causes and home remedies to relieve itching.
Many people experience itching in the anus, and there are many possible causes – from dietary factors to diabetes. This symptom can be disturbing, but treatment is usually effective.
Symptoms of Anal Itching
In addition to itching in the anus, you may also experience:
- Visible redness
Treatment of Anal Itching
A few practical tips will help treat and prevent itching in the anus.
Home remedies and self-care
People can take steps to deal with itching at home. These include:
- Avoid known irritants
- Keep the anal area clean and wash after bowel movements
- Rinse with plain warm water, dry the area well and use a water cream or emollient as a barrier
- Dry the anal area by tapping without rubbing
- Apply the odorless powder to keep the area dry
- Eat plenty of fiber to help with regular bowel movements
- Avoid spicy foods
- Avoid medicated, scented or deodorant soaps
- Use napkins instead of paper
- Avoid scratches
- Avoid the burden of using the bathroom
The following treatments, Trusted Source, can be sold in pharmacies with or without a prescription.
- Sedative ointments, such as bismuth subgallate and zinc oxide, can relieve symptoms.
- Corticosteroids can reduce inflammation.
- Moisturizers and barrier creams, such as aluminum hydroxide gel, cocoa butter and glycerin, create a physical barrier to protect the skin.
- Hemorrhoid treatment, such as hydrocortisone (Anusol), can help.
- People need to apply the cream on clean and dry skin at night, in the morning and after defecation.
It is best to apply a thin layer of topical steroids. People should limit their use to two supplements a day for 7 days. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe an oral antihistamine.
Cleaning anal is important to reduce the chances of having anal itching. Read more about it on healthline.com
Download Haspatal online consultation app and get the best treatment online via video consultation with online doctors.