aboutimage
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How long does alcohol stay in your system?

 

Before knowing,how long does alcohol stay in your system,first we should know how alcohol is metabolise.

What is the process of metabolising alcohol?

 

When you consume alcohol, it travels through your digestive system first. Food and other beverages, on the other hand, are not metabolised in the same manner as alcohol is. A single drink sends around 20% of the alcohol to the blood arteries immediately. After that, it travels to your brain. The remaining 80% is absorbed into your bloodstream via your small intestine.

The final step in the alcohol life cycle is the liver’s removal of alcohol from the body. If you have a liver condition, this process may be slowed.

Alcohol has a short half-life in the human body, making it a depressive. Once alcohol has entered your bloodstream, your body begins to metabolise it at a rate of 20 mg/dL each hour. If your blood alcohol level was 40 mg/dL, this means that metabolising the alcohol would take about two hours.

The time it takes for alcohol to be detected varies depending on the body system and the test used. Alcohol detection tests can detect alcohol in the blood for up to 6 hours, on the breath for 12 to 24 hours, urine for 12 to 24 hours (72 hours or more with more current detection technologies), saliva for 12 to 24 hours, and hair for up to 90 days.

Time of Alcohol staying in the body system-

  • Blood might last up to 6 hours.
  • 12-24 Hours of Breathing
  • Urine for 12-24 hours; for newer test methods, 72 hours or more.
  • 12-24 Hours of Saliva
  • Hair can last up to 90 days.
Download Haspatal online doctor consultation app and get the best treatnment online via video consultation with online doctors.
 

    Free Call Me Back Service