What are the best fruits to combat acid reflux?
Acid reflux, often known as heartburn, is a chronic illness in which acid or bile from the food pipe rushes into the stomach and irritates the stomach’s inner lining. Acid reflux can be triggered by a variety of foods and beverages in different persons. The cause is frequently linked to a person’s lifestyle. The additional strain on the internal organs during pregnancy may also induce reflux. Other causes of acid reflux include alcohol, caffeine, a low dietary fiber consumption, smoking, a lack of exercise, and a high salt intake.
Following are the best fruits to combat acid reflux:
- Antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin A, and amino acids are abundant in watermelon and it aids digestion and keeps the body hydrated due to its high water content resulting in the reduction of reflux by neutralizing acid in the stomach.
- Potassium, fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants, and phytonutrients are all found in yellow bananas because banana fibers aid digestion and minimize indigestion.
- Vitamin K, beta-carotene, calcium, and vitamin A are all abundant in this fruit. Papayas contain the enzyme papain, which aids digestion and lowers heartburn.
- Natural sugars, minerals, potassium, calcium, and iron are all found in figs. Its high fiber content aids bowel movement and relieves indigestion.
- Apples are also rich in calcium, iron, and magnesium and it supports regular bowel movements and healthy digestion resulting in the calming of the stomach and decreases acidity.