What are the health benefits of orange juice?
Fiber is abundant in orange juice with pulp. Fiber has been shown in studies to help the body maintain digestive health and may reduce your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron, and Folate are all found in orange juice.
Following are the health benefits of orange juice:
- The alkalinity of urine can be increased by adding orange juice. Kidney stones may be prevented by having a higher, more alkaline urine pH.
- Vitamin C can be found in abundance in orange juice. Vitamin C helps to boost your immune system and may help you avoid catching a cold.
- Orange juice is high in antioxidants, especially vitamin C, which is important for fighting free radical activity. Free radical activity can cause your skin to become dull and wrinkled, as well as accelerate the ageing process. Orange juice’s high vitamin C content may aid in the appearance of youthful and radiant skin.
- Hesperidin is found in oranges and can help with hypertension symptoms. Oranges contain pectin (fibre) and liminoid compounds, which can help to prevent artery hardening and lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Vitamin C in orange juice acts as an antioxidant, and one of the most significant roles of antioxidants is cancer prevention.
- Orange juice is a good source of folate in the diet. Folate aids in the formation of new red blood cells, which transport oxygen throughout the body and can help avoid anaemia.
- Orange juice has been demonstrated to lower “bad” cholesterol levels while increasing “good” cholesterol levels. As a result of this property, the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke is reduced.
- By lowering inflammation and thereby protecting the heart and giving general cardiovascular protection, orange juice can decrease insulin resistance.