What does Hyaluronic acid do for your skin?
Hyaluronic acid, commonly known as hyaluronan, is a transparent, sticky material created by your body naturally. It’s found in the highest concentrations in your skin, connective tissue, and eyes. Its primary purpose is to hold water in order to keep your tissues lubricated and moist.
Following are the reasons, how Hyaluronic acid benefit your skin:
- Hyaluronic acid can help people with dry skin by increasing skin hydration and improving their quality of life.
- Hyaluronic acid aids in the moisture retention of the skin as well as the tissue regeneration process involved in wound healing.
- Hyaluronic acid can assist to smooth out a person’s skin and improve its elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid strengthens the skin’s natural barriers, allowing moisture to be locked in for an even more intense moisturizing impact. This can help preserve and strengthen the lipid barrier by slowing down its degeneration over time.
- By providing extra hydration and barrier protection to the skin, hyaluronic acid aids in skin cell regeneration. This results in healthier cells and a more youthful appearance.
- Hyaluronic acid also aids in the reduction and prevention of age spots and other pigmentation problems.