Which are the best foods for Kidney health?
The kidneys are small organs located in the lower abdomen that play an important part in the body’s general health. Some meals can help the kidneys operate better, while others might put them under stress and cause harm.
Following are the best foods for Kidney health:
- Red, green, and yellow capsicums are all useful to kidney sufferers. They include phytochemicals and antioxidants that assist the body minimise inflammation. Antioxidants aid in the healing process by lowering stress levels. These vegetables are also low in potassium, sodium, and fluid, so they are easier on the kidneys. The repair and regeneration of nephrotic cells is aided by reducing the burden on the kidneys.
- Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that is high in phytochemicals, which are chemical components found in fruits and vegetables that break up free radicals before they can cause damage. Many phytochemicals have also been linked to cancer prevention and treatment, as well as improved cardiovascular health. Cabbage is high in vitamin K, vitamin C, and fibre, as well as vitamin B6 and folic acid. It’s a cheap addition to the kidney diet because it’s low in potassium and low in cost.
- Onions are low in potassium and high in chromium, a mineral that aids in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Sweet potatoes are high in fibre, beta-carotene, and other vitamins and minerals that help the kidneys function properly. They’re also a good source of potassium. Potassium-rich foods may help to balance sodium levels in the body, easing renal strain.
- Polyphenols and antioxidant chemicals found in olive oil help to reduce inflammation and oxidation. Olive oil contains oleic acid, a chemical that has been shown to decrease inflammation. Olive oil’s monounsaturated content also protects cells from oxidation.