Why Jowar (Sorghum) is good for your health?
Because of its gluten-free and whole-grain deliciousness, jowar is dubbed the “new quinoa” over the world. In English, it is referred to as Sorghum. Jowar is a staple grain in India. Jowar is a beneficial grain for excellent health because of its high vitamin content.
Following are the reasons why Jowar (Sorghum) is good for your health:
- Jowar aids in the maintenance of calcium levels in the body because to its high magnesium content (magnesium increases calcium absorption).
- Jowar’s high dietary fibre content aids with digestion as well. Fibre is a bulking substance that aids in the smooth passage of stool through the digestive system. Diarrhoea, bloating, stomach discomfort, and constipation can all be alleviated by eating whole grains.
- Jowar has two key minerals: iron and copper. These minerals work together to aid in the improvement of blood circulation in the body. Iron is required for the formation of red blood cells in the body, and copper aids iron absorption. As a result, eating the grain aids in the production of red blood cells.
- Jowar (sorghum) has a layer that has anti-cancer capabilities and also fights free radicals, which cause premature ageing.
- Because jowar is a complex carbohydrate, it is slowly digested and hence produces a steady rise in blood sugar. As a result, it is an excellent alternative for diabetics and those looking to lose weight.
- Protein helps strengthen muscles, cell regeneration, and generate a feeling of satiety, all of which can aid in your weight loss plan.
- Jowar is high in folic acid, which aids in the production and maintenance of new cells, particularly red blood cells.